Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving, 2011! Don't worry, this is still Star Wars related.

I'm hesitant to say that there's not a whole lot to report today, which is fine for me, and fine for...well, me. In fact, I may be outta the Blogging Game for at least a solid month. The reason? What may look like laziness is actually a secret attempt to create a unique batch of quick and exciting Calabrese webisodes, all which will be presented on December 1st, ending on December 25th, Christ-fucking-mas.

What am I hinting at? Well, for starters (and obviously) it will be Christmas themed. There is no secret or cover-up of any kind to shy away the public's attention towards my love for the holiday. In the past, I've even dared to say it's better than Halloween, and if perking up and giggling over just saying the word "Christmas" is any indication, I do not take back what I said. At all.

The wide cast of Christmas characters (Santa, Rudolph, Bumble) the terrible songs, the presents. It's all just so perfectly tuned in to what makes me who I am -- a greedy kid who likes a fat man to bring me toys once a year.

Also, the fabulous return of Richard Sucker!

I don't wanna get too detailed about the whole thing, but yeah, he's there. The weirdest vampire we know, all lined up to help us out on what may be our biggest and best webisode adventure yet. And by "biggest and best," I mean "short and satisfactory." I'm already not wanting to do it 'cause it's Thanksgiving and during Thanksgiving I don't like to do anything. Blame Thanksgiving.

So. I'm busy and not-busy. Lots of talking and being weird in front of a camera there, but not a whole lot of typing up words about things I like for an afternoon here. I think we'll all survive.

With that out of the way, I recently had a birthday over the weekend. We played a show in Las Vegas, which is both an example in perfect timing and damning frustration. You will not believe how bad I wanted to rage it up. But, we gambled a bit, ate at a buffet and didn't actually start playing until 1:30 in the morning, so I was so over Las Vegas I didn't care about pouring booze down my throat anymore. It wasn't my first priority. That, of course, was given to a mysterious bag with LEGO Darth Vader plastered on the front. Happy birthday to me, bitches.

I love Mysterious Bags. The cover art might have been a dead giveaway, but I was too caught up in what was inside the damn thing. It was bulky, medium in hardness and made the sound loose change would make if loose change was made of soft plastic.

A bag stuffed with original Star Wars figures!

"Fkhkdhvighds" is the only suitable word to describe this sight. I think it's Cantonese.

I've mentioned it before, but I love me a big pile of Star Wars toys. I purposely keep an unorganized, messy heap of 'em on my bookshelf just so I can see it the way it must be presented -- large and chaotic. For some reason, it puts me in a certain mood. Relaxed, calm and serene. Limbs shooting this way, cloaks and capes shooting that way. The colors and smell are all so intoxicating, it's by far my favorite mountain of George Lucas mind-babies ever.

I just admitted to smelling my toys. I accept this.

Oh! And hidden among the madness was a few Micro Machines, or something pretty similar to Micro Machines. I was never that big of a fan, but then again, I've never been a fan of automobiles and anything else that have something called an "engine" in it. You can add football and lifting weights to that list, too.

Overall, a great birthday, and soon to be an even better Thanksgiving. I've already got enough food lined up to corrupt at least three vital organs, and as soon as I wake up from my coma, we will hit "record" and sail off into the webisode sunset on December 1st. Stay tuned, dudes.

And Happy Thanksgiving!

9 comments:

  1. Hey congrats on the star wars toys for your birthday! close enough to mine to almost be considered cool. I also got star wars toys for my birthday, but no Las Vegas trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All orignal and FRESH looking! Christmas comes early this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. but I see your Star Wars Luke has no light saber. Do any of them have their weapons? we should hang out and play with our Star Wars figures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you enjoyed the star wars figures :) can't wait for you guys to make it back out this way again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just freakin awesome!!! We got a little Halloween/Christmas hybrid action starting on Dec 1st over at http://creepmas.blogspot.com

    Hey, you guys should do a horror Christmas tune. That would be A-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrew, have no fear, light sabers were present. There were multiples, some with, some without. Plus, capes! Perfectly beautiful capes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You didn't dig those awesome helicopters and jets?! You've got some of the top modern rectal re-arrangers there. A B-1 *and* an A-10? Lucky! Happy belated birthday, o Lord of Horror Rock.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh...the joy of old school Star Wars figures, with their over the shoulder plastic "capes" that tore if you weren't careful when moving Vader's arm! Or those weird tips on the end of the lightsabers that would break off within 24 hours of opening the figure's blister card! Those were the days!

    Hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete